Sports are incredibly prevalent throughout the globe and they bring together people of all ages, backgrounds, ethnicities, and cultures, which is why we’ve created this brief editorial to underscore some obscure facts regarding the modern sporting landscape as well as how to facilitate an inclusive travel tour.
Surprising Information about the Most Prominent Sports
No matter how boisterous or deeply rooted your fandom happens to be, here are some things that you probably didn’t know about your favourite professional sports:
- Rugby is believed to have been conceived in the early 1820s when William Webb Ellis decided to catch the ball and sprint with it during a football game; however, rugby wasn’t mentioned in the Oxford English Dictionary until 1852.
- England and South Africa participated in the longest ever cricket match in 1939 and the match was declared a draw after a gruelling 14 days.
- Historical texts indicate that horse racing was a popular spectator event in ancient Syria and Mesopotamia and equestrian competitions were first included in the Greek Olympics some time between 645-680 BC.
- The earliest iterations of swimming date as far back 2500 BC in ancient Egypt but it didn’t become an official Olympic event until the late 1800s.
- The first recorded bare-knuckle bout was held in 1681 in Britain and the contemporary boxing glove was invented later on in the early 1740s.
- Tennis was actually derived from a 12th-century game in which the players had to strike the ball with uncovered hands.
- The typical Formula 1 car is comprised of more than 80,000 distinctive components and the top F1 teams spend an average of €274 million per year.
Another interesting point worth mentioning is the increasing prominence of guided sports travel tours amongst UK citizens as these exciting trips have become remarkably popular over the past several years.
Why Should I Book a Sports Tour?
If you’d like to include professional rugby, cricket, golf, or any other sporting event within your next holiday itinerary, the most accessible, cost-effective way to create a personalised programme is to partner with an esteemed sports travel agency.
These dexterous organisations are able to blend the customary aspects of holiday outings, such as luxurious accommodations, fine dining, sightseeing tours, and other rousing inclusions, with special access to a vast array of professional athletic events, ranging from the Rugby World Cup 7s and Ryder Cup to the British and Irish Lions tour and countless other highly publicised sports.
Whether you wish to travel abroad or facilitate a domestic tour right here in the UK, a dedicated liaison will establish a comprehensive plan according to your specific penchants as well as your budget, which is why so many people across the UK are starting to partner with these sports-based travel specialists nowadays.
A lively excursion is just a few clicks away so be sure to visit the webpage of an eminent agency sooner rather than later.