If you are planning a vacation in Pune with your kids, you have not a thing to worry about. There is a ton of stuff you can do around the city. Activities and outings which cater to children and are aligned with their interests are not difficult to find in Pune. From a light brush with history to a day at the amusement park, eating out at theme restaurants to outdoor walks – it is easy to plan your days here. You will also find it easy to locate hotels in Pune which are suitable for children. A family vacation awaits you. Let’s a have a look at six things you can do in Pune that kids find interesting.
- Shaniwar Wada – Pay a visit to this historical fort in Pune. It is a great opportunity for your little one to learn a little about the history and heritage of the city he is visiting. The green expanses of the gardens inside the fort also double up as a space where children can stretch their limbs. There is a light and sound show held in the evenings. Catch the show in English at 8:15 PM. Children always love how history comes alive through the commentary.
A Fun History Lesson at Shaniwar Wada – Visit this venue to learn history in a fun way with your kids. Textbooks are not required at this learning school.
- Miniature Railway Museum – If your child has an expressed interest in different forms of locomotion, the Miniature Railway Museum is a must-visit in Pune. You will see miniature diesel engines, steam engines, underground trains, trolleys and buses in this scaled-down model. Other things which children love to locate in the model are the Ferris wheel and the swimming pool. This museum was built by a local man who was a model-train collector. Built on the lines of the miniature city in Madurodam in Netherlands, it makes for a great outing with the kids.
Travel to the Miniature Railway Museum – See the scaled-down versions of different forms of transportation at this museum.
- Kamala Nehru Park – This is an outdoor venue in Pune with swings and slides. Close to the Deccan Gymkhana, it is one of the best public parks in Pune. There are three large lawns in the Kamala Nehru Park where you can sit a while and take in the view. You will also find a fountain and an aircraft model here – both objects of appreciable interest to children. If you want to snack on fast food, there are many vendors just outside the park. Plan an evening here and you will not see your children complaining.
Calling out to Kamala Nehru Park – Take your children to the Kamala Nehru Park to play and run around.
- Madness – As the place suggests, this is a place where crazy things can happen over meals. It is a venue with three theme-based restaurants. At Social Clinic – the hospital-themed restaurant, the attendants are dressed up as doctors and nurses. You are seated in wheelchairs and the food is delicious. Donkey’s Arse is the second restaurant here. It is reserved for adults as alcohol is served here. At Superheroes, enjoy a relaxed dining experience with cocktails as the children play on the slides and trampoline.
Madness at Madness – Have a meal at Madness. It is not just about the food but also about the overall experience of the place.
- Krushnai Water Park – Head out to Sinhagad Road to spend a day at the Krushnai Water Park. If you are visiting Pune in summer with your kids, a day at the waterpark is an excellent idea. They will swim in the pool, go on the kids-friendly rides and participate in the many activities which take place at this waterpark. The pools are built around themes. Open on all days of the week, plan your outing on any day that suits you. Be sure to carry a sunscreen and pack your swimming costume.
What a Fuss with Water – Plan a fun day at the Krushnai Water Park and your children are guaranteed a great outing.
More at Mulshi Dam – Plan a picnic here and let your children see nature in all its glory.
Book your Pune hotel and plan your family vacation. Good times beckon you!