What are the Entry and Exit Formalities to Follow when Traveling to Bromont, Canada?

When traveling to Bromont or any part of Canada, always carry a valid passport. If you are exempt from holding a visa, then you need to have an eTA before you leave your home country. If you need a visa, you need to apply for the same before you arrive to Canada. Note that interrogation will be done and your car will be searched.

What are the customs regulations?

  1. Alcohol only 1.5 L of wine, 1.14 L of liquor and 24 355mL beers are duty free.
  2. Gifts can be carried amounting to $60
  3. You can bring in or withdraw up to $10,000. If the amount is larger, consult the customs
  4. When it comes to personal articles like camping gear, sports gear, cameras and laptops can easily be brought in
  5. If you are bringing in pets, then you must carry a signed and dated certificate from a vet to prove that your pet has been vaccinated in the past 3 years
  6. You can bring in a 90 day supply of your prescription drugs for personal use.
  7. You are allowed to bring 200 cigarettes, 50 cigars, 200 tobacco sticks, and 200g of tobacco free of duty.

What about passports?

Almost every international visitor need a passport to arrive in Canada. The US citizens at sea and land borders can carry a driver’s license, permanent resident card or NEXUS card. Check the official website for more info. Check tourismebromont.com for info on traveling to Bromont.

What about visas?

Visitors from a few countries may need a visa to arrive to Canada. For those who have an eTA may not need a visa. You must apply for an eTA before travelling and can be accomplished online. It may take minutes, but sometimes days too. Visas aren’t needed for citizens in 46 countries that include most of the EU members, New Zealand and Australia. And this is only applicable for visits up to 6 months only.

You can now apply for visitor visas or Temporary Resident Visas aka TRVs online. If it is a single entry TRV, it may cost you $100 valid up to 6 months from your arrival date in Canada. If you are planning to study or work in Canada, you will need a separate visa, no matter what nationality you are. Visa extensions are required to be filed with the CIC Visitor Case Processing Centre which is situated in Alberta. This must be done a month prior to before your existing visa expires. The visa extension refiling may cost you $100.